It's easy to manage both simple and complex substitutions on GameChanger Classic. Here's how:
How to Manage Your Lineup
- From the scoring screen, tap My Lineup or Opp Lineup
- Tap and hold down the three horizontal bars to the right of the players name and drag the batter to a different position.
- From here, you can also "Add From Bench" or "Create New Players"
How to Make Substitutions from the Field
- Tap which player in the field you would like to make a substitution for.
- You may then select which player is replacing that fielder.
- You can choose either a player from the bench or a player from the field (or leave that position empty).
- If a player from the field is chosen, you can then tap the position that has been left open and replace with another player.
How to Make Offensive Substitutions
- Tap the batter at the top of the scoring screen
- Tap Sub Out / Pinch Hitter
- Tap the bench player who will be entering the game
Additional Tips for Roster & Lineup Management
- Activate players from your bench into the lineup by scrolling to the bottom of your lineup and selecting Add from Bench
- Tap a player's name to edit the Player Details.
- Tap a player, and select Set DH to remove that player from the Batting Order and select a player to serve as the DH.
I coach an 8U Girls Fastpitch team and we have certain rules for the defensive positions for every inning. Can't play the same position twice, each girl has to play the infield twice...yada yada.
So, in essence we are supposed to have a 5 inning defense printed out for every game (each inning moving the girls around based on our league rules).
Instead of changing all 10 players on the fly, every inning, is there a way to set your defense in this manner (for all 5 innings)? Thanks.
I came looking for similar info as to what Jake is asking about. We have essentially a complete change of fielders for each inning (AA little league division). Getting them all into positions before the pitching starts is very hard. I'd like to be able to set the lineup for all 6 innings before the game starts. I'm really only concerned about the named fielders for our own team. Or I can leave the positions un-named and then after the game go back to each inning and set up the positions with named players.
I'm interested in this too.
Setting 6 innings in advance is the only way I can use GameChanger. It is really important. I'm coaching U12 boys baseball. Without that feature, I will not get meaningful data from defense. And the scheduling feature of GameChanger is proving very challenging so that leaves the main value being batting stats.
I agree with the above comments. We are still at the age where the positions change almost every inning. To be able to get all the positions changed without missing any action I have to remember to change the defensive positions as soon as we get the third out but before our first batter is up. Otherwise I end up missing something.
It would be really helpful to be able to set the defense for the whole game up front and then only make adjustments if something changed during the game.
Additionally/Alternatively it would be nice if I missed some substitutions during the game to be able to go back later and adjust which players were playing where and when. Then the defensive stats would re-calculate for the correct players.
Hi All- sorry for the delay in getting back to you. This is a common request and hopefully we can get it into the app eventually--we know how needed it is. Thank you for the feedback and keep an eye out for future updates.
Article is closed for comments.