To set Facebook and Twitter updates for your team, you must be a team admin. To send alerts to your team's Facebook page, you must be an admin of that page as well. (If you're not already, ask one of the admins to add you).
Send alerts to team's Facebook FanPage or Twitter Account
1) Once logged into GameChanger, go to your team page.
2) Click on the Community tab.
3) Click on the subheader titled, Team Facebook/Twitter.
4) Select which page you would like to send to the updates to, and what updates you would like to send.
Facebook Page Connection
Users occasionally have trouble linking their GameChanger team to a corresponding Facebook Fan page. If you find that you are not given an opportunity to link to your Fan page, please try the steps outlined below.
1. Log into Facebook.
2. Click on the upside-down triangle in the upper right hand corner.
3. Click on settings and then apps.
4. Remove GameChanger from the page's apps.
5. Return to GameChanger and attempt the configuration once more. Be sure to give the GameChanger app the requested privileges within Facebook.
Facebook has a limit on the number of posts a third party can make in a single 24-hour time frame. The limit varies but is typically around 20 posts during this frame.
If this does not allow you to configure the integration, please contact our support for additional help.
Facebook Alert Limits
Therefore, users and teams that are configured to post to a Facebook page may find that alerts stop posting under the following circumstances:
- Multiple teams are linked to a single Facebook page
- Multiple games are scored and uploaded in a 24-hour time frame
- A game goes far into extra innings
6-Hour Alert Rule
In order to avoid delivering alerts late into the night, when users may be sleeping, GameChanger will not deliver any updates for games that are uploaded to the team site 6 hours after the games’ original start time.
Therefore, if a game is rescheduled or postponed, we advise admins to reschedule the game so that all game alerts may be delivered.