Not yet available on Android (iOS devices only)
When scoring a game on the Scorekeeper app it is possible to track the pitch type (Fastball, Curveball, Changeup...etc) for each pitch thrown.
To turn this setting on, follow the steps listed below:
1) While scoring a game, press the Game Menu in the top right corner of the Scoring page;
2) Press the Settings option;
3) Within the Settings, find Track Pitch Types;
4) This option will be defaulted to off. Tap the Off label and the Setting should slide to the On position.
Every time you initiate a pitch by selecting the Pitch menu you will be asked to identify the Pitch Type before you choose the pitch result (Strike, Ball, Ball-In-Play...etc).
You can review this data in the season stats on our website (www.gc.com). You will find it under the Pitching stats tab in the Pitch Breakdown subcategory.
This is nice to know - I couldn't find a way to use the data during an in-game session however, is this possible?
I would ask Dick Sports (GC) for 2 enhancement to this feature;
1. It would be nice to be able to view pitches batters faced in previous at bats. It would be awesome to have pitches faced in Play History.
2. Provide the users the ability to modify and/or remove pitch type. Little League, no need for anything but curve, change & Fast. Fast Pitch Softball - Rise, Drop options.
I have tracked the pitches, now how do I see what I have tracked when I look back at the play-by-play? It only shows the pitch count, not the pitch type
I think that this option it's only available on the website, under
Pitching Stats --> pitch breakdown
Is there any indication of when this feature (Pitch Type tracking) will be available in Android?
Article is closed for comments.